Do you think fannie lou should have moved up ?

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depends. Did they lose anyone, How is there JV?

first things first,i respect coach and what he has done for that program,but dont want to hear the excuse of we have a small school.

they play in the bronx which will enhance their chance of making the playoffs in the A.

Any team that has made 3 championship game appearances,4 semifinal appearances,and 2 championships in the B level in a 5 year span should be automatically forced up,what is there to accomplish?this is not a fluke.i see other strong programs like lab,medgar evers,bcam,south bronx prep,and maspeth that dont have those resumes at all so i can understand why they stay.yes some of those teams have won and made championship appearances,but not multiple times....i applaud the teams that take the next challenge to go up.

they dont have a jv

Casey Seawright said:

Depends. Did they lose anyone, How is there JV?

Hell yeah! Absolutely. I know if we at Jane Addams goes far. We moving back to the A division.

I think its pretty remarkable how much Coach Skelton has done with so little.  125 boys in the school (state classification would be Class C/D).  No JV team. I think we should all look at what he does and his program as something to mimic.  Instead of wishing and hoping another team would move up, we should all be looking for the opportunity to compete against them.  A championship earned when not competing against the best is just a meaningless trophy.  

thats fun for the opposing coaches to think like that,but what is he proving by keeping his team on the B level?if we had real commisioners instead of the people who take care of the basketball portion now,they would of been forced up.this is why i miss mel goldstein and artie leitner.the question was should have they moved up?the answer is an obvious yes,considering they played bedford academy a perrenial powerhouse in the A for years to a 1 possession game early in the year and have 9 league wins by an average margin of victory of 40 plus points.what does he have left to prove?we already know the job he does with the kids as far as development and the nuances of the game and he gets tremendous credit for that,inclusing his in game adjustments and tough as nails coaching maximizing his kids effort on the court but what does he have left to prove on the B level considering he has delivered the school two championships?

Coach Newman said:

I think its pretty remarkable how much Coach Skelton has done with so little.  125 boys in the school (state classification would be Class C/D).  No JV team. I think we should all look at what he does and his program as something to mimic.  Instead of wishing and hoping another team would move up, we should all be looking for the opportunity to compete against them.  A championship earned when not competing against the best is just a meaningless trophy.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

VIDEO ARCHIVES

Photos

• Add Photos

@PSALBasketball

Music

Loading…

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by V Jones.   Powered by