This is the forum page to talk about Players to Watch in New York City for the 2013-2014 season.  Players can be on jv, varsity or in middle school.  Who are the players that people should be watching this year?  This is for PSAL, CHSAA or any other league in New York City.

Views: 5793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Other then the obvious kids like Whitehead,Rawle,Desi,Marvin Prochet,Desure,Jaquan,Jessie,Khadeen,Shavar.Matt Ryan,Ray Salnave,Mustpha,Jon Nwanko

You have kids like 

Lenny Kadisha- Wadliegh high school 2015

Matt Scott Brooklyn - Law and Tech 2014

Kashaun Hicks Jr - Berkeley Carroll 2015

Jaleel Gary -Edward A Reynolds Westside 2014

Sid Wilson - St.Raymonds 2017

Meliek Thomas St.Raymonds 2015

Isaiah Washington St.Raymond 2017

Foday Sakoray -Wings Academy 2014

Darius Webster- John F kennedy 2015

Kaliph Grant - Rucker 2014

Shane Pearley Berkeley Carroll 2014

Shaquille White - Browning High school 2016

Jeremy Bonifacio - Dwight School 2015

Cheeba Ohams - Wadliegh High school 2015

I have seen them all play and they are all scholarship level players. Some NCAA D1,Some D2,Some NAIA D1 or D2 but there is a scholarship somewhere for these players.

Mike DeMello, 5-10 PG out of White Plains (NY) HS which has produced the likes of Sean Kilpatrick Devon Austin Rashad James, Dave Boykin, he has the potential to be a high-impact player who could kill at it d2 level and potentially low D-1 check him out this year they play Mount Vernon twice always the biggest game of the year

http://www.zsmart.blogspot.com/2013/11/white-plains-mike-demello-is...

Matt Scott from Law and Tech is primed for a big year. Kid can flat out score. Groomed by one of the most intense, passionate coaches in the area in Kenny P

Didn't we do this already?
I'm also throwing Juan Ramos Bk law and Tech and don't want to put too much pressure on him but freshman Mikko Johnson from bk law tech is someone to take a peek at but definitely watched over the next few years.

I definitely invite people to go watch our JV. Probably most talented group we have ever had.

What I like about the kid Matt Scott is that he has been playing varsity  for 4 years and each year he adds some new element to his game.  Another thing I like is that he allows himself to be coached and isnt some primadonna who acts like he knows everything.  Finally, in the 4 years I saw him play, I never saw him exhibit poor body language.  He's 6'5 now and can shoot from the 3 line, handle the rock, defend, rebound and get this, PASS THE BALL.  One of my favorite players this year that I will root for and he has some good shooters on his team that can connect from DEEP!

I like the kid Demencio Vaughn from TMA even though his brother starts for Wadleigh, Yves Gala.  I think it will be interesting to see the youngest of a basketball family show that he can play this game too.

The leagues best kept secret player is the PG form Wings but the new kid from Cardozo can take it back to the Darryl Hill days and make it showtime.

I like Isiah Whitehead but we aint going there right now. he got his already.  I like the kids on Jefferson the young guards and the whole Brooklyn Collegiate team.

The kid from St. Johns Prep at Construction can ball.

I like the big man from Eleanor Roosevelt, the son of Lorenzo Charles from the NC State Fame. Fundamental and got a lot stronger and he has a kid on his team at 6'7 who does what he does at 6'9.  The A better not sleep on this team.

I can't forget my pups Cheeba Cheeba the 6'6 PG and Lenny, wait a minute...Illunga Kadisha at 4 positions from what I am hearing at Wadleigh. If this other kid can leave the block alone Look for Angel Malave at 6'3 dunking everything from Wadleigh. If not, watch out for his left hook and stay off 153rd and 8th.  Love that dude but been here before.

Lots of kids that de

I'm a huge matt scott fan also but 6'5? Come on man
Nakye sanders tottenville

Mike Levy I agree, that freshman does NOT play like a freshman like his backcourt comrade Juan he can certainly snipe from beyond that arc.

JAY

Michael Levy said:

I'm also throwing Juan Ramos Bk law and Tech and don't want to put too much pressure on him but freshman Mikko Johnson from bk law tech is someone to take a peek at but definitely watched over the next few years.

I definitely invite people to go watch our JV. Probably most talented group we have ever had.

definitely agree Matt Scott is a low-maintenance, quiet, and unquestionable scorer, he will be the go-to guy for Law and Tech team which etched name for itself following mammoth win over Jefferson at House of Sports over the summer. Hopefully, for them, a portent of what's to come. They are young and well-coached but have seasoned seniors with Matt Scott and Juan. But come on, Darryl Hill? The Darryl Hill that s*** the bed in the big east tournament, after dropping 27 on Syracuse in the regular season in 05? Come on show, was the man but how many of these NY guards we hype up actually pan out to be as good as billed? Skip? Smush Parker? God Shammgod? Telfair? I am glad Lance didn't wobble under the hype and has made good on a career that thankfully took him away from the scalding NY pressure cooker. Expecting even more from him this year.

JW

harlemcoach said:

What I like about the kid Matt Scott is that he has been playing varsity  for 4 years and each year he adds some new element to his game.  Another thing I like is that he allows himself to be coached and isnt some primadonna who acts like he knows everything.  Finally, in the 4 years I saw him play, I never saw him exhibit poor body language.  He's 6'5 now and can shoot from the 3 line, handle the rock, defend, rebound and get this, PASS THE BALL.  One of my favorite players this year that I will root for and he has some good shooters on his team that can connect from DEEP!

I like the kid Demencio Vaughn from TMA even though his brother starts for Wadleigh, Yves Gala.  I think it will be interesting to see the youngest of a basketball family show that he can play this game too.

The leagues best kept secret player is the PG form Wings but the new kid from Cardozo can take it back to the Darryl Hill days and make it showtime.

I like Isiah Whitehead but we aint going there right now. he got his already.  I like the kids on Jefferson the young guards and the whole Brooklyn Collegiate team.

The kid from St. Johns Prep at Construction can ball.

I like the big man from Eleanor Roosevelt, the son of Lorenzo Charles from the NC State Fame. Fundamental and got a lot stronger and he has a kid on his team at 6'7 who does what he does at 6'9.  The A better not sleep on this team.

I can't forget my pups Cheeba Cheeba the 6'6 PG and Lenny, wait a minute...Illunga Kadisha at 4 positions from what I am hearing at Wadleigh. If this other kid can leave the block alone Look for Angel Malave at 6'3 dunking everything from Wadleigh. If not, watch out for his left hook and stay off 153rd and 8th.  Love that dude but been here before.

Lots of kids that de

Josh Wallace - Holy Cross 2014

Hicks the kid Matt's hairstyle makes him 6'5 but he may be 6'4. Your pup is 6'5 maybe he should let that flatty watty rise and go in senior year as a 6'7 recruit.  Don't let him put the ES Curl in there though. 

Matt's hair cut makes him look like;

1.  The lost member from the group Guy

2.  AC Earl

3.  One of the dancers for the Big Daddy Kane

4.  Quincy from Juice

5.  Kid and Play - the black dude

6. Red hot Lover Tone first album cover

7. An extra on the movie set of Straight Out of Brooklyn

8, Keith Sweat's nephew

9. A Brooklyn dude at Union Square in 1990

10. Chris Rock Show - My Daddy has a Flat Top

Now Google all those Images and let me know!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

VIDEO ARCHIVES

Photos

• Add Photos

@PSALBasketball

Music

Loading…

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by V Jones.   Powered by