Haven't been able to see as many games as I used to, but I was able to go see Pathways vs Cambria today. The kid Barrett for Cambria is a real offensive load!  Good game between evenly matched teams, but I just checked PSAL website and the coach is stretching Barrett's rebound stats.  No way Barrett had 24 rebounds. I actually take stats at games when I go and by my count he had 9.  

Now, I remember a post sometime back about the stats being skewed and this has to stop.  There is no way that there was 88 rebounds in that game; and as I checked some other scores around the PSAL this season, and the numbers are incredible!  The scouts will see who can play and cant play.  If they see this, then the coaches integrity is on the line.  Keep it legit people!!

Off my rant now, I was just glad to see my first game this year and I hope they are all down to the wire like this one was. 

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Always good to see your reports- be well - stay well & keep them coming.

You're absolutely correct on "inflated" stats. Coaches have to keep it legit or they'll end up losing credibility with scouts & college coaches.

one of the problems as someone had previously mentioned was that these arent college and pro environments,therefore we have no statisticians that are paid to do this.some teams only have 1 coach and no assistants and rely on their student managers who are hs students themselves who may tend to inflate stuff.i was at a game recently where a similar thing happened with the rebounds.

Rich Kosik said:

Always good to see your reports- be well - stay well & keep them coming.

You're absolutely correct on "inflated" stats. Coaches have to keep it legit or they'll end up losing credibility with scouts & college coaches.

well said

Cambria plays eagle lll tomorrow so we going to see how good this barrett kid is i bet you he wont have no 24 rebs i bet u he wont have 15 points  

It doesn' matter, if there isn' t an official statistician the coach can put up what he wants for other stats than points. Additionally you have players with Parker back....

Yeah parker is back now so we should be good for the rest of the season 

RealTalk said:

It doesn' matter, if there isn' t an official statistician the coach can put up what he wants for other stats than points. Additionally you have players with Parker back....

we shouldn't assume this is anything more than a 'typo'.
also, i've seen student-assistants at the table record using some 
unknown Cuneiform  system.

Antonio Rodriguez said:

Cambria plays eagle lll tomorrow so we going to see how good this barrett kid is i bet you he wont have no 24 rebs i bet u he wont have 15 points  

His #'s indicate he can certainly score & unless we caught him on an off day My Justin Kaplan (29.8pts & 7reb per)           held him to 4 free throws while he face guarded him for 3 & 1/2 quarters .... he managed to squeeze off 2 3 pointers but my guy did a number on him .......

Inflated Stats: The only one that gets hurt by doing this is the Student-Athletes! If an College Coach comes to see a player they will know right away! They will never come back!! They will tell other Coaches!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

VIDEO ARCHIVES

Photos

• Add Photos

@PSALBasketball

Music

Loading…

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by V Jones.   Powered by